Monday, May 13, 2013

The Story of Film: An Odyssey

And what an odyssey it is.

The Story of Film: An Odyssey takes you through the journey of film and how it became what we know today; making it something I'm excited to watch.  I love film and movies. I always have. I love how a film can capture a story or a feeling and make it ten times more magnified and breathtaking through use of music, innovative camera angles, etc. etc. The emotion you experience and sensation you feel as you watch someone's art through a lens is quite extraordinary.

I could honestly go on and on about my love for film. I probably make it all sound really cheesy and corny too. But I must say, these innovators, throughout "the odyssey" that is film to today, are truly brilliant. My hats go off to the daring and wonderfully unique people who make film into an art-form. The people who can create something cerebrally stimulating or draw out an emotion that feels so realistic, are true artists. Not only that, but to fit it all into a television, computer, or theatre screen is  quite impressive in my book.

In The Story of Film: An Odyssey, they discuss examples of the then new, creative shooting and screening tricks that we have all become so used to today. At the time it was almost described as magical, but for me, if done right, it can seem just as "magical" as it was when first shown. That is what great film is. That is the art of film. To create the same image and experience every time you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment